- 3 cups chilled blood orange juice
- 3 cups chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 750ml bottle chilled sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Look for blood orange juice near other refrigerated or other specialty juices or squeeze your own juice from fresh blood oranges. If you can't find either, regular orange juice will work too. (If you've never had a drink with fresh squeezed juice, let this be the season!!)
- To seed a pomegranate, fill large bowl with water. Lightly score the fruit into quarters from crown to stem end, cutting through the skin but not into the interior fruit. Hold th fruit under water, breakit apart and use your hands to gently separate the seeds from the outer skin and white pith. the seeds will drop to the bottom and the pith will float to the surface. Discard the pith. Pour seeds into a colander. Rinse and pat dry. Seeds can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 138 calories; 0g fat; 20g carbs; 0g added sugar; 1g fiber; 8mg sodium; 331 mg potassium.