Sunday, October 18, 2009

Health Tip #3

Nutrition Is Key... And Easy!

As the oven is pre-heating to 375 degrees, I chop my veggies, season my salmon with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and olive oil. I set it to the side and as the oven continues to heat, I slice 1/2 an avocado and 1/2 a tomato, season both with sea salt, cracked pepper and olive oil.

Oven's ready...

It only takes 10 minutes to cook salmon so around the 5 minute mark I begin to sautee my veggies:
  • A handful of cremini mushrooms
  • 1/4 bell pepper
  • 1/4 small onion
  • A handful of spinach (I throw this in at the last moment just to slightly steam)

Total cook time for everything is 10 minutes.

Cleanup afterwards is minimal; I cover my baking dish with foil so there's no cleanup there; I use one sautee pan for the veggies; one small bowl to hold the tomatoes as I season them; one plate to eat from. Cleanup is fast and easy!

Cooking for a family understandably takes a bit more time but it doesn't have to be more difficult. Look at the picture. That's what I had for dinner last night. What on my plate is unhealthy? Nothing... everything tastes great, is good for me, and I can be sitting down to an incredible meal in 15 minutes or less with a cleanup that's over in 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment